Forgoing gluten in your diet can be tricky especially when it comes to treats. Here we’ve adapted a recipe from LiveSimply. Instead of regular wheat flour, this recipe calls for almond flour which can be found in your local grocery store. An added bonus is that this recipe doesn’t contain any refined sugar. Feel free to add any extras in here like nuts or chocolate chunks Here it goes!
Gluten Free Banana Bread:
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ½ cup Oats, make sure they are gluten free!
- The oats give this banana bread a little bit more texture, if you aren’t big on oats, just use another ½ cup of the almond flour
- Enough Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste (I like it a little more cinnamon-y :D)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup of Agave Nectar
- ¼ cup of Whole Greek Yogurt
- 2 Large Ripe Bananas (the spottier the better)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful of chopped walnuts (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Grease bread pan with coconut oil
- Mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda
- Whisk your wet ingredients together: mashed banana, agave nectar, yogurt, and vanilla
- Combine your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients
- Pour the batter into the greased bread pan, sprinkling the chopped walnuts on top.
- Bake for ~55 minutes
- Remove and allow to cool
The texture of this banana bread is so nice and cake-like. It’s incredibly moist and delicious! We hope you enjoy this gluten free and refined sugar free recipe!
-Carina and Kristina
The original recipe can be found by clicking on the link below: